Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Ballet Class


There are so many things that I did with Zoie when she was around Raygen's age that I never imagined I'd be able to do with Raygen, but like many things, Raygen has proven me wrong once again.
Our BFF's found a "Move with Me" dance class and last night and we took the girls.  It was a fun, short class and I thought the girls did great!  I'm not sure what the other parents thought of our special girls, but I could have let myself cry.  Cry with pure joy.  These two beautiful, amazing, strong little girls were running around a ballet class???  To me these little moments never seemed possible to me.  I never thought we'd be here.  That Raygen would be able to do something a "normal," "healthy," little girl her age could do.
Granted there were a few things that the girls were not comfortable with doing like the obstacle course tunnel or things they couldn't do so well like...follow direction, but they did the best they could do and enjoyed themselves.  
Raygen and Gabby were laughing and smiling and to me that is what matters most.  Christina and I were able for a short time focus on having fun with our girls and not get caught up in the daily worry of everything that comes with being a special needs mom.  To see our girls in there little ballet outfits melted my heart.  I don't think I have smiled so much in a very long time.  I was a proud Mommy.
Beautiful Gabby!
Raygen enjoyed watching herself and all the other girls in the mirrors that lined the wall.
What surprised me the most was at the end of class the kids took turns lying in a sheet and being swung and I thought there was no way Raygen would like that, but she ran up to the sheet and plopped down.  LOL!!!  Proven wrong once again.  She liked being swung in the sheet.  I don't know if that is a good thing or bad?  I guess I will know what she wants if she starts bringing me sheets now :0)
                               
I can't get over what a big girl she is starting to be :0)

I think we decided we would take the girls again.  I think it will take a couple classes to see if this is something we should continue with the girls.  I know that just spending time with Christina and Gabby is good for my heart.  It is nice to have a special needs mom friend because we truly understand and can relate to so many of the same things.  I don't feel so alone when I spend time with my two favorite girls.

XOXO

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...