Saturday, November 17, 2012

November 18th, 2011

One year ago we took Raygen to Children's for what we thought would be her Glenn surgery.  She was suppose to have her trake removed and be on the vent 5 days before her heart surgery to let her stoma heal.  After her Glenn Raygen would then have another surgery to place her trake again.  But as you know things never go as planned and this time it worked out in Raygen's favor. 
The first picture of our daughter without her trake.  It was an amazing, scary day, but so worth it.  She cried for hours after having her trake removed.  I think she scared herself by "hearing herself" cry.  Randy and I must have looked crazy standing in the CICU laughing and crying as our baby was crying, but we had never heard her cry before.  It was one of the greatest moments of my life.  The only other time I heard her cry was before her Norwood.  We spent about 4 days in the hospital and then headed home to heal up before she really did have her Glenn in December of 2011. 
Our sweet girl.  What a journey you have traveled and so much more to go.  I just pray with all my heart that December 6th goes smoothly and in your favor.  We are so lucky to hear you talk and laugh and cry.  You are an amazing girl and I am truly lucky to be blessed by you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...