Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Midnight She is 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Midnight tonight this amazing girl will be 6 years old!!! I am truly blessed. I know I say that all the time, but I have watched my daughter go through so much in her six years that I fully understand how lucky I am that she is here with me, laughing, smiling, and dancing. Everyone always asks what’s next? More surgeries? or people believe she is "Fixed." One thing is for sure she will never be "fixed." She will always live with half of her heart or someone else's whole heart. I know how hard the thought of organ donation is, but I am one. I believe I cannot ask of others of which I would not do myself. I pray that Raygen can live the fullest of life with her special job, but there is always that thought in my mind that someday we may be looking at transplant. Remember we are asking a two-chamber heart to do the job of what is meant to be a four-chamber heart. Her half a heart does double duty 24/7. I am always so emotional on her birthday because I remember how it felt to have her taking away from me and rushed to Children's hospital directly after her birth. That wave of emotion is unlike any I have ever felt or wish to feel again. The one thing, if you want to do anything for Raygen on her birthday, is to become an organ donor. I know it is the greatest gift a person can offer to someone else and the hardest. Thank you to everyone who loves my daughter and prays for her. I can't wait to see what she does in her next 6 years. I have a feeling it will be amazing, just like her.

XOXO

Erin





No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...