Saturday, February 6, 2016

It's Awareness Month



I have to admit before Raygen was born I had no idea what CHD meant or that HLHS existed; but that all changed the moment I was told that my daughter had something wrong with her heart. I can't even begin to explain what emotions swept through like a storm. The one thing I am sure of is that I cried a lot and that I was going to do all that was in my power to make sure that my daughter lived. That meant interviewing doctors including Raygen's surgeon, a new obgyn, and finding a support group. I never looked online while I was pregnant. I found support through Mended Little Hearts of Puget Sound. Talking with real moms and seeing children will all CHD's not only surviving, but thriving. We are truly lucky and blessed that our daughter is doing so well. We witnessed many families leave Seattle Children's Hospital with no baby and our heart ached for every family. That is why it is important to me to raise awareness and make sure that people continue to research for CHD. Every child deserves a chance and only awareness makes that chance possible by raising the needed funds for more research and better treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...