Monday, November 23, 2015

Flu Shots and Birthday Parties

Last week it was time for the girls to get their flu shots.  It's not something I look forward to.  I hate knowing Raygen is going to get a shot, but in the long run it is the best thing for her. 
I saw this on Pinterest and had to share it.  It is the truth.  It is so important to keep our HLHS kids away from sickness and illness as much as possible.  Even though Raygen has had all 3 surgeries she is still at risk.  She will always be at risk.  It is important to remember no matter how well she is doing that she doesn't handle sickness like a normal child.
We only made it to school one day last week and it wore her out.  She loves running around and watching the other kids.  She literally runs for two hours.  Once she returned to the office she just relaxed in the recliner till we went home.  It was a long day for her.

Saturday was my Dad's 57th Birthday.  This is a flash back picture of the night Raygen was born.  My Dad stopped the nurse in the hall on her way to get Raygen hooked up to monitors and got this quick picture with her.  He was the second person to hold her.  It is such an emotional picture for me.  Every time I see pictures of her birth this feeling of pure panic rushes over me.  I can't put into words how I felt saying goodbye to my baby.  Praying that I would see her again.  Praying that she'd be okay.  Thank goodness I have two men in my life who are my rock.  My husband and my awesome Dad.  I love them very much.
Raygen got an early Christmas present.  Mickey and Minnie and she loves them.  It is such an amazing feeling seeing her start to play with toys.  I love that she is starting to enjoy Barbie and play with her stuffed animals and she loves Minnie Mouse. 
Raygen has been so lucky so far avoiding all the germs and colds, but Saturday one finally got her.  She is battling a cough and congestion right now, but otherwise seems to be in good spirits.  It's worse at night, like always, when she lays down to sleep.  We did take her to the doctor today and her oxygen and heart rate were good and her lungs clear.  This is exactly what we needed to hear.  We will watch her close and pray that she recovers quickly.  We have a Thanksgiving mini vacation planned and I really want the girls to be happy and healthy so they can enjoy it. 
 
XOXO
 
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...