Thursday, January 9, 2014

ENT Update

Raygen had a rough night last night.  She went to bed around 11pm and was up at 1am till about 8am.  I think she had a tummy ache, but her ears could still be bugging her.  I did a lot of walking, rocking and holding and not much sleeping.

Yesterday my mom and I took Raygen to ENT at Seattle Children's Bellevue Clinic.  Our appointment was at 10am so we had to be on the road by 7am.  We were pretty tired, but Raygen did great.  Raygen just adores my mom.  She was talking to Elmo on my ipad during our coffee break.  

I was so proud of Raygen.  She did such a good job at her appointment.  They decided to take her left tube out of her ear because it was barely in there so that was rough on her.  The hardest part was we had to swaddle her and hold her down so the doctor could get the tube out.  It was not painful, but it was scary for her.  Nothing good comes when four people are holding you down.  It was quick and Raygen recovered to happy self pretty quickly.

So now Raygen has a tube in her right ear, which is still infected and we are treating with drops and no tube in her left ear.  I will take her back to the doctor in a few days to see if there is any fluid in her left ear.  The ENT docs thought they saw fluid in her left ear, but also thought it could be swollen because they took the tube out.  If Raygen continues to have ear infections, especially in her left ear she may need to have her tubes redone.  Raygen also passed her hearing test so when you say her name a 100 times and she doesn't look at you it's not because she can't hear, lol!
So overall a good appointment.  I think she is finally feeling a little better today.  I just hope I get some sleep tonight.  My husband has come down with a horrible cold so he is staying away in the bedroom so I can't wait till he is better so I can have some help with the girls.  I just pray that what ever he has doesn't get any of us.
Thank you everyone for all your prayers.  We truly felt them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...