Saturday, August 24, 2013

MLH Picnic 2013

My mother-in law at her store Precision Printing and Copy Depot made us our wonderful shirts that we wore for the MLH picnic this year.  This was Raygen's shirt this year. 
I love the boxing gloves. 
Raygen sitting by her medical emergency bands that we took and gave out at the MLH picnic.  We had 83 done and ready!!  It was wonderful to give something special to all our heart friends and they were a big hit.  All the heart moms loved them. 
A HUGE THANK YOU:  To my Mom, Grandma Bev and her sewing club, my mother-in-law Dorothy and her employee's for helping make this donation possible.  Without you this wouldn't have happened.  We donated the rest of our bands to MLH to be placed in the care bags that will be given to families who child has/or is having heart surgery.  My mom is already hard at work making more :0) 

Randy and Zoie showing off their shirts for me.  The front says "My daughter (sister, on Zoie's) has half a heart, but I love her twice as much!" 
The back says "My daughter (sister for Zoie) is and HLHS survivor. 
My special girl and I.
Our basket of medical emergency bands. 
The cupcake cake!!
Rhubarb from the Tacoma Rainier's showed up to visit the kids.  He was a huge hit. 

Raygen wasn't too impressed with Rhubarb.  I think she wanted to give him a piece of her bat, lol! 


We had a wonderful time this year.  It was so nice that so many people showed up and it was nice to meet so many new families and make new friends.  Thank you to Darcie and everyone who made this picnic possible.  We love you all and can't wait till next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...