Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Zoie's Teeth Part 1

Tuesday was Zoie's first orthodontist appointment to prepare her for her spacer.  This was Zoie when we first got there.  She was so brave.  The longer she sat there the more nervous she got, but she is a tough girl. 
I know Zoie's teeth are so important and I want her to have a beautiful smile when all is said and done, but after this appointment I now realize this is going to be a very long journey and not a fun one.
Here is Zoie have a mold of her bottom teeth.  I didn't take a picture of them taking a mold of her top teeth because Zoie panicked and it was very dramatic.  She cried and almost got sick and kept trying to pull it out of her mouth.  Randy had to hold her down while I tried to calm to her.  It was horrible.  I felt so bad.  It's so hard to watch your kids be messed with no matter what age they are.  The worst part is we have to go back again next Tuesday and do it all over again and then on the 28th they actually put in the spacer.  I'm trying to prepare her that they are going to have to do molds again but I know she will panic and it will be a struggle.  I don't blame her.  There is alot of goo going in her mouth for those molds, plus crying, she felt like she was suffocating.  When they finally took the mold out she let out a big scream and said "I'm never coming back here again." LOL I think she scared every other kid in the building, lol.  When we were all done I took her to McDonalds for some lunch and we went to work.  By the end of the day she was back to her normal self, but I am not looking forward to next Tuesday.
Please say a little prayer for Zoie.  I know this is all going to be scary but also a little painful and its going to be a long journey for pretty teeth.
OOOH Zoie how we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...