Thursday, November 17, 2011

Checked In













We are here and checked in and I finally got Raygen to sleep. I think she knows something is wrong because she just wouldn't settle. There really is no where like home and I think she knows she isn't there. We were suppose to be checked into the ICU for the night but they did not have a nurse for us so we are on the floor which is fine with me. We have a nice big private room. They were going to try to put an iv in tonight but I put my foot down, lol and it felt good. I am going to try not to be a huge pain in the butt for doctors but they will not put her through anything I feel is unnecessary this time that is for sure. So I got my way. They will place her iv tomorrow morning when she is sedated so she will not feel any of the poking. The plan is they will take her back to the operating room around 6 or 7am and take out her trach and place her on the ventilator. I am not sure yet if she will be on the ventilator through the mouth or nose, I hope the nose I hate the fish lips our poor girl gets when its through the mouth. I am so scared. My nerves are going crazy. The drive up here went by too fast. Please pray for Raygen tomorrow that everything goes smoothly. That they get an iv easy, that she feels no pain, and that the procedure of closing her stoma goes as planned. On another note I miss Zoie like crazy. This time is so much harder. I just pray were not here months like we were last time.


On a great note Aiden is doing wonderful after his Glenn. He is already off the ventilator. His mom said he was in a lot of pain and was getting extra meds so please keep him in your prayers too.


Thank you to everyone for all your love and support and I will update tomorrow after Raygen's procedure and once we get her settled.




3 comments:

  1. Many prayers for all of you today. Good for you...put your foot down when you know it is right! I am totally impressed and you are an excellent advocate for Raygen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's going to do great! Thinking of you. I'll be prayin. XO

    ReplyDelete

Raygen Loves Comments...