Wednesday, August 13, 2014

8 days to go...


Raygen having some Papa time yesterday.

Yesterday Raygen stayed with my parents and I was able to have a Mother-Daughter Day with Zoie.  I love to spend some one on one and reconnect with her before we take off.  I will miss her so much while we are at the hospital.  We went to Red Robin for dinner and hit Toys R Us and got Raygen some things that will help keep her busy hopefully in the hospital and Zoie picked out her Breyer Horse she has been wanting.

Tomorrow is pre-op.  We have to be at the hospital at 10am and then Raygen will have echo, ekg, a blood draw, and we meet with several other doctors to plan for Thursday.  I am not sure if they will give me her surgery time for the 21st, but I am not sure that is a bad thing.  I get such a nervous stomach as I type this post today.  I remember thinking the Fontan was so far away and now I realize it isn't.  Pre-op is always a very long and exhausting day for all of us.  I really pray Raygen handles it well and I really, really hope the blood draw goes smoothly.  Raygen is such a hard poke that it usually takes several tries and it really upsets and stresses her out as it would any child.

I will post an update tomorrow when we get home and hopefully have all good results tomorrow.

xoxox

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...