Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blended diet, Birthdays, Pictures, oh my...

Here is everything I need to make Raygen's formula for the night.  She gets two full cans of Peptamen Junior + 100 extra ml's from the 3rd can, 1 scoop beneprotein mix, and 150 ml's of pedialyte.  She gets a total of 550ml's of this.  So right now since were trying the blended diet she is on her feeding pump from 8pm to 7am approx 11 hours.  I gotta do something to reduce the time on the pump.  
Here is what is used to make the blended diet.  The recipe is:
12 oz 1% milk
213 grams strained chicken or 3-71g jars
1 small jar of peas (113g)
1 small jar of carrots (113g)
3.5oz strained peaches
1/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp of Canola oil
1/4 tsp salt.
Blend it all together and that's what I'm feeding my girl.  Sounds yummy, right? 

This is what it looks like.  She gets 6 bolus of 65ml (a little more then one of these) 6 times a day with a 10ml water flush.  So pretty much, I'm feeding her every two hours.  This isn't the best system yet.
This is what the final product looks like.  I'm not too crazy yet with this diet.  I can't see how this is going to work.  The whole goal is to get Raygen to eat by mouth, but with this diet I'm feeding her more and she is on the pump longer, how in the world do you teach a child to eat if she is never hungry.  Would you be hungry if every two hours you were getting fed? 
Yesterday we took Raygen to get her 2nd birthday pictures done.  She did great.  I got some wonderful pictures of both the girls.  I can't wait to share them with you. 
I can not believe Raygen is almost 2!!!

 Since tomorrow is my birthday we went to Red Robin for dinner after the pictures.  It was an experience to say the least.  I have to remember Raygen is quick and thank goodness dad was close by to catch my dinner before she tossed the whole thing on the floor.  There is a reason we don't go to restaurants yet, lol and I remembered it yesterday. 
Zoie is such a great girl!!!
Happy Saint Patricks Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Big Girl!
    Love from Emma's Nana Jana in Oklahoma
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Raygen Loves Comments...