Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Raygen!!!

March 23rd 2011. Raygen you looked so happy, lol!

Our big 1 year old girl! How much we love you and are so amazed by you each and every day.

Raygen's 1st birthday is such an emotional time for me. How I wondered through her journey if we would get here and how would my baby be if we did. But by the grace of God we made it, Raygen made it. There have been so many rough spots and scary long nights but there have been so many amazing days, wonderful smiles and beautiful laughter. Raygen is our miracle. Raygen is beyond words amazing to me. Raygen is my hero. Words can not describe how much I love her and how she makes me thankful for each and every second I have with her. I found this poem, I am not sure who the author is and I hope they don't mind if I borrow it but I wanted to share it with you on Raygen's birthday. If your like me it will make you cry.

1/2 of an Angel's heart

It's a beautiful day up in heaven. Jesus is rounding up his tiniest angels, to go live one earth and be born. One of the sweetest angels said to Jesus "I don't want to leave, I like it here, and I will miss you." He reassures the scared little angel that everything will be okay, and that the angel is just going for a visit. The little angel is still not swayed on this idea. So Jesus kneels down, and says, "How about you leave half your heart here with me and take the other half with you, will that be okay?" The angel smiles and says "I guess that will work." But the little angel is still a little scared she asks, "Will I be okay with only half my heart?" Jesus replies, "Of course you will, I have other angels there that will help you out, and you will be fine." Then Jesus gives the little angel more details about his plan. He says, "When you are born your mommy will be scared, so you have to be strong, and when you feel weak just remember I have the other half of your heart." "Enjoy your time with your family, play and laugh everyday." "And when it's time to come back to heaven, I will make your heart whole again. Always remember that you are not broken, just torn between two loves."

I love this poem. Raygen is not broken and I love to think of Jesus having the other half of her heart. I thank Jesus everyday that I am blessed to be Raygen's mother and that I am special enough to care for the other half of her heart. She is so special to so many people. I can not imagine how many lives she has touched and she is only 1. I look forward too many more birthdays with Raygen and many many more memories we will make and cherish.

My family and I would like to take a moment and send a HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS PRAYED FOR RAYGEN AND OUR FAMILY, WHO HAVE LOVED AND SUPPORTED US AND WHO HAVE BEEN SO WONDERFUL!! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

3 comments:

Raygen Loves Comments...