Friday, September 16, 2011

G Tube

We just got word that Raygen did well during her G tube procedure. She wont be back to the room for another hour so I wont feel completely good about things till I see her. She had a so so night. Ever since the cath her o2 is running lower than it did at home, which concerns me, but we will have to wait and see what the doctors think. The good part is that during the cath her lung pressure was 95% which is awesome! So the lower o2 could mean she is just ready for her glenn sooner than later but the fact that it is lower and staying lower so fast it what concerns me. I am going to try not to over think this and just leave it up to the doctors. So hopefully today we can remove the feeding tube from her nose and tomorrow sometime we can start her feeds using her new g tube. So no more pulling the tube out and tape on her face, which is so wonderful. I am totally not ready for the Glenn. We did try the speak valve for just a moment and Raygen did fine. Randy let me sleep through it so I don't have too many details but they only tried it for about 10 mins. We will try it again later today maybe and I will let you know how it goes with more details. I have been a mess during the last day I was not expecting Raygen to have such a hard time recovering from the Cath and I don't know what to expect from the g tube so the Glenn just terrifies me. We do have a wonderful God. He has blessed us the last two days with wonderful news that we can move forward with surgery and we don't need a transplant and I can feel him all around us here. Thank you all for all your love, prayers and support. I hope for us to come home on Monday and then I will post some pics. I will continue to update the blog with any news.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for baby Raygen. We understand some of the trials, as baby Emma is our granddaughter. God is good to us through all these trials and troubles, and I know He is to you, too. But sometimes, still, the load is a heavy one, especially after procedures and surgeries. Little Emma has her Glenn next week...and I see that Raygen had the tube placed today, so will say a special prayer for her - and you! - tonight!
    Love from Nana Jana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to read the positive news, we will just continue to pray for all of you as you await the progress of each and every day, may God continue to bless through this process.

    Love and prayers
    Aunt Carol

    ReplyDelete

Raygen Loves Comments...