Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Flu Shots and Check Ups

It's that time of year again.  Flu season....  So we took Raygen last week to get her flu shot.  She was fascinated with the painting on the wall at the doctor's office and the floor.  I think maybe we should work this into our home? 
Raygen found the Christmas bows for the tree and decided they would look better in her hair :)  I think I agree. 
Raygen's hair is always a struggle, lol!  It is beautiful and curly and very long and in a constant state of disaster.  Finally after a lot of conditioner and determination I was able to braid in in pig tails.  She was impressed when she got out of the tub.  She continued to play with them and check herself out in the mirror.   
We moved Raygen into a twin size bed.  Granted the bed is in our room, but the fact that she is no longer in a toddler bed is huge.  I can not believe my baby has outgrown her baby bed.  My crib life is over :(  But I have decided to take this in stride.  Twin bed bedding is really cute and with a new bed she needs new bedding :0).  The Winnie the Pooh bedding that she has now was my niece's lol.  She is now 21 and a Senior in college.  My family and I tend to keep things for awhile, lol!
Raygen hanging out at the doctor office before the flu shot.  Zoie came with us and the poor girl had to get four shots.  She was so brave and didn't cry one time.  I was so proud of Zoie.  Raygen watched her sister take all four shots like it was no big deal, so when it was Raygen's turn she whined a little bit and then was good to go.  I don't think the shot bothered Raygen as much as being held down. 
Raygen's picture at the Mary Bridge Hospital in Tacoma, WA.  She is in the bottom right corner.  This is next to their Christmas Tree.  This was about 7 days after her Norwood.  I know this because her chest was left open for 7 days after her surgery because of the swelling.  I look back on this picture and then look at her running around today and my heart wants to explode.  I don't know back then if I let myself imagine my life today.  I lived moment by moment, minute by minute.  After each heart surgery there are so many up and downs that you can't think straight.  I am so grateful that we are here today.  I am so grateful for this life. 

Raygen also had a GI check up and saw a speech pathologist in Seattle.  GI went good and she managed to gain a little weight.  I'm increasing her calories a little to see if I can keep her going up more so then just staying the same.  It is a tricky cycle with her.  I don't want her to gain too fast or too much because that isn't necessarily good on her heart to be overweight, but at the same time it's not good to be under.  I guess when you think about it, it's not too different for any us.  There is a fine balance that we will be working on always.  

The speech pathologist at Seattle Children's agrees with Raygen's Autism diagnoses.  We have a list of recommendations and are currently looking into an App for the IPad that will help Raygen communicate with us.  The therapist gave us so much information that I am still in the process of reading it and deciding how to take it all in.  

Raygen continues to grow and excel in everything she does.  I can not wait till Christmas this year and see how she reacts to all the excitement.

Thank you for your continued prayers and good wishes.

XOXO

Erin











No comments:

Post a Comment

Raygen Loves Comments...